Point of Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Welcome to the Jungle

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Race: Shifter
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

Welcome to the Jungle Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeWed 24 Nov 2010, 15:07

If we're off to the wilds of Xen'drik what do people know about this place ? Ideas of the kind of stuff we should stock up on ? Are there any cool dinosaurs Kapek can tame ?
All weird ideas and suggestions welcome
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet
Race: Talenta Halfling
Classes: Ranger 4 Fighter 4 Halfling Outrider 5 Heir of Siberys 3

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 03:36

As I recall, Xen'drik is the land of BADASS dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
Katerina
Deity
Katerina

Character sheet
Race: Elf (Khorvaire)
Classes: Healer 7

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 04:18

Xen'Drik is more than just jungle. It is alnd that has been wracked by cataclysmic wars and the landscape still resonates with residual magic.
The once mighty giant empires were taught the arts of magic by the dragons of Argonessen, unfortunately they used their power for their own gratification and ultimately this resulted ina great war between the giants and their draconic tutors. This was the period when the elves, fomerly the giants slaves, rose up against their masters and fought for freedom.
Xen'Drik was also the land where the forces of Dal Quor sought to dominate, hoping to gain a foothold on Eberron. It was the giants, before their demise, who invoked great magics and shattered the 13th moon thus thrusting Dal Quor into a remote orbit of Eberron and preventing further incursions from the region of dreams.

Anyway, long story short, this history has carved the land into a wild and varied maelstrom of vivid and often unnatural landscapes, twisted by extraplanar magics.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 15:29

OK so BADASS dinosaurs are good.
Weird shit magic not so good.
Hmm jungle spells poisons and diseases to me. Do we need scrolls/wands against them or do you think you can handle that Katerina ? ( We should assume that the entire group is going to get poisoned at the same time).
Obviously we need to make sure the Fireball and Cure Wands are full up. And re-stock on Alchemist Fire/Frost/Spark.
Also do we want a hireling from the Guild ? And if so what speciality ? ( Can we bring Clian we us, please)
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeThu 25 Nov 2010, 23:30

If she's willing to come, then I would suggest that a druid would be most helpful in that untamed wilderness.
Back to top Go down
Katerina
Deity
Katerina

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 00:45

I'm not sure if I will be able to travel with you to Xen'Drik. It is something that I will discuss with you on our return to Sharn.

*A saddened look momentarily passes across the elf's delicate face*
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 01:30

That is deeply saddening news, Katerina, and I never thought I would be saying that to an elf. Is it anything we can help with?
Back to top Go down
Katerina
Deity
Katerina

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 02:33

Alas no my dear friend. The prophecy has decided that for now at least I must walk a different path to the rest of you.
I fear I will not be the only one who must be leaving, but that is not for me to say. The time has come where this war must fought on different fronts, and to this end the Crimson Fist must release it's grip and let go for a while.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 03:40

Byt we can't break up the band ( of heroes)
If you have to go, we'el understand but you will be sorely missed. And as Kapek said if there is ever anything we can do to help you only have to ask.
Back to top Go down
Katerina
Deity
Katerina

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 05:26

Well we've still got to get out of this tower alive yet. So let's save our farewells until we are actually parting ways.

We are a long way from civilisation and there is scope for a lot of trouble yet.
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeFri 26 Nov 2010, 05:55

Very true.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeSat 11 Dec 2010, 13:50

Katerina wrote:
Well we've still got to get out of this tower alive yet. So let's save our farewells until we are actually parting ways.

We are a long way from civilisation and there is scope for a lot of trouble yet.

So its you we have to blame for all these dragons and abberations Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Katerina
Deity
Katerina

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeSun 12 Dec 2010, 21:22

I'm not really sure what you're implying with that comment Ajax. I'm pretty sure that I had nothing to do with the outcome of events other than making sure you all survived...
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeMon 13 Dec 2010, 05:56

You jinxed us, we were going to just leave peacefully but you HAD to jinx us and see what happens, shadow dragons and aberrations a go-go
Back to top Go down
Katerina
Deity
Katerina

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Dec 2010, 00:21

Hmm, I see. I thought that we would be parting ways on good terms.
Ajax, I had nothing to do with dragons rising or aberrant hordes awakening any more than you did. I should not be the target of your anger, whatever is behind this whole affair is to blame, not i. I am merely a piece in this game as are you.
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Dec 2010, 01:09

I think this may be another example of Ajax's rather stunted sense of humour, Katerina. I cannot believe that he seriously blames you for recent events.
Back to top Go down
Katerina
Deity
Katerina

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Dec 2010, 02:19

I would hope not Kapek, but stress and loss affect the mind in strange ways.
I hope there is humour in his words as it would be a great shame to lose a friend at this time.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Dec 2010, 03:23

IT WAS A JOKE !
Of course I don't blame you for the Dragons and Abberations, what kind of idiot do you take me for ? (Don't answer that)
Katerina I consider you one of the best friends I ever had and a fine, brave and noble comrade but you do need to work on your sense of humour !
Back to top Go down
Katerina
Deity
Katerina

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Dec 2010, 03:46

Ah, well thanks for clarifying that Ajax.
Sometimes your scowls, snarls and grunts are a little hard to decipher Razz
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitimeTue 14 Dec 2010, 03:54

See progress towards a sense of humour already Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the Jungle    Welcome to the Jungle I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the Jungle
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Point of Infinity :: In-Character :: The Slaughterman's Delight-
Jump to: