Point of Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Infinity
Deity
Infinity

Character sheet
Race: Omnipotent Being
Classes: God

Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black Empty
PostSubject: Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black   Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black I_icon_minitimeSat 24 Jul 2010, 21:59

Sul 15th Dravago 998 Y.K.

Sharn Cloaked in Darkness

Ash falls on Sharn. In the depths of the worst rainfall recorded for centuries an inferno has consumed the lower quarters of the city's towers. Like the tainted lungs of a dying dragon, the belly of the city has blasted the lofty spires with a poisonous cloud of ash and soot. To make matters worse the city is locked in a seemingly perpetual cycle of black skies and torrential rain that occasionally fade into thick dirty fog that leaves everything it touches coated with black soot.
The end can not be far behind, it's coming is foretold in the voices of the ravens that feast on the flesh of the dying that lie scattered throughout the region surrounding Skyreach Tower's lowest levels.

It has been a tough week for the residents of Sharn. One week past, a mysterious explosion in the Cogs spawned a fire of unprecedented proportions. Ashblack and Blackbones continue to burn bright, their foundries fuelling the spreading flames. The inferno still rages below the city, and the fire brigade, the watch and most of Sharn's mages battle the blaze night and day. Plumes of smoke choke the sky and heavy rain falls in torrents from tainted clouds. The city is shrouded in grey and black.

The skymages usually see to it that Sharn's spring-times stay a little drier than the surrounding areas. However with the fires raging in the cogs, Sharn's City Council has requisitioned the skymages to help deal with this catastrophe. Without the skymages asserting their power over the elements above the unusual rains have not passed. What's worse, the coal-black smoke rising like an angry shade from the burning Cogs taints the storm with poisonous vapour. Rain, fog and soot fill the air as one, plunging the entire city into darkness. No storm like this has ever been experienced before on Khorvaire, and many residents of Sharn believe it is the sign of an oncoming apocalypse akin to Cyre's day of Mourning.

Last edited by Infinity on Mon 09 Aug 2010, 23:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://point-of-infinity.blogspot.com
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Race: Shifter
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

PostSubject: Re: Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black   Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black I_icon_minitimeMon 26 Jul 2010, 11:08

Quote :
Like the tainted lungs of a dying dragon, the belly of the city has
blasted the lofty spires with a poisonous cloud of ash and soot.

Seems the Sharn Inquisitive likes their prose purple Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black Icon_lol

Quote :
One week past, a mysterious explosion in the Cogs spawned a fire of unprecedented proportions.

That wasn't us was it ?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Novitiate
Chris

Character sheet
Race: Not telling ;)
Classes: Monk 4/Rogue 1/Drunken Master 2/Five Animals Fist Fighter 2

PostSubject: Re: Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black   Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 02:04

Dunno. I was going to suggest that we signed up for one of the expeditions to Khyber and get out of town for a while (before anyone tries to make us scapegoats!), but it appears people may have other plans for us ....
Back to top Go down
Katerina
Deity
Katerina

Character sheet
Race: Elf (Khorvaire)
Classes: Healer 7

PostSubject: Re: Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black   Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 02:32

"Purple prose" Ajax?

My word have you been reading literature? .... No, pardon me, you've been listening to scholars.... or perhaps watching a play. Could it be, no surely not, are you developing a taste for culture???

Quote :
That wasn't us was it ?
No, it was Anvil who actually threw it into the lava, therefore the suffering of an entire city falls upon his sturdy shoulders Laughing

As for going to Khyber, Lorric, i think (i hope) you meant Xen'drik. Alas no, we've been commandeered into helping the child reach "Six Falls Ravine", somewhere in the Eldeen Reaches, before his condition deteriorates further. We managed to get passage on a Lyrander Airship for a fraction of the price, due to the help we offered with regards to the lighthouse at Bluescar. Our flight leaves tomorrow shortly after midday. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

PostSubject: Re: Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black   Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 02:53

Quote :
"Purple prose" Ajax?

My word have you been reading literature?
.... No, pardon me, you've been listening to scholars.... or perhaps
watching a play. Could it be, no surely not, are you developing a taste
for culture???

I'm not a complete barbarian. I like a good tale or even play. In fact when we get back from saving the kid, maybe I could take you to one ?
Back to top Go down
Katerina
Deity
Katerina

Character sheet
Race: Elf (Khorvaire)
Classes: Healer 7

PostSubject: Re: Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black   Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black I_icon_minitimeTue 27 Jul 2010, 03:29

I'll give it some thought.
You know you should really try and find yourself a woman who suits you, someone a little furrier... erm... more robust Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black   Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 21:54

Guys quick point before I forget. If we go to the Fey realm will everybody (especially you Kapek) leave all cold Iron behind before we go through.

Born diplomate me Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet
Race: Talenta Halfling
Classes: Ranger 4 Fighter 4 Halfling Outrider 5 Heir of Siberys 3

PostSubject: Re: Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black   Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 22:42

Er no. Not at all. If it kicks off, I'm going to want cold iron at my side. It'll be stored in the Handy Haversack though.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black   Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black I_icon_minitimeTue 03 Aug 2010, 23:40

I think we should leave it behind, we are there to ask a favour. Carrying Cold Iron doesn't seem conducive to them helping us out.

Everybody else's opinions ?
Back to top Go down
Chris
Novitiate
Chris

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black   Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 01:45

I need a tankard made of cold iron, quickly!
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black   Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 03:16

Diplomacy guys
Back to top Go down
Chris
Novitiate
Chris

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black   Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 05:52

Yes, but fey, by their very nature, are a fickle lot.

Now, I'm not saying we go waving the cold iron under their noses or anything, but it would be nice to have a back up plan! (Also it could be quite useful to tell the story, it was made with the cold iron we got from slaying the fey hunter bloke ...)
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black   Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black I_icon_minitimeFri 06 Aug 2010, 08:02

Good point. Ok I'm convinced
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black   Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sul 15th Dravago - Sharn Shrouded in Black
Page 1 of 1