Point of Infinity
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Staying on track

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet
Race: Talenta Halfling
Classes: Ranger 4 Fighter 4 Halfling Outrider 5 Heir of Siberys 3

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 12:36

We haven't explored the railway tunnels on the Winch Level yet. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Race: Shifter
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 12:55

I can't help feeling railway tunnels will have railway tracks and little else.

We should go deeper
Back to top Go down
Katerina
Deity
Katerina

Character sheet
Race: Elf (Khorvaire)
Classes: Healer 7

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 13:32

This place gives me the creeps to be perfectly honest.
I sense that you have some affinity with these aberrations though Ajax, you seem to be able to analyse their movements and actions far easier than the rest of us.
As for all those who wish to leave, i fully understand your reasons and i would not hold it against you should that be our ultimate decision.

However i feel at this point that i should stand up and be counted.
We have been recruited by a dragonmarked house and we have accepted their contract. Failure in this could destroy not only our reputation, but also our integrity. Sailors and merchants are dying with regularity due to the lack of warning on this headland.

If we leave now then it is our duty to return as soon as we can because every life lost between now and then will forever hang heavy about my neck.
Back to top Go down
Openstheway
Adept

Character sheet
Race: Warforged
Classes: Artificer 6/ Fighter (Bodyguard)2

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 21:41

I have two answers to this, the first is that the point of returning to Gullsnest to pass on the information is to ensure should things get worse for us down there others are aware of everthing we have learnt up-to this point and all our efforts haven't been for nothing. I have no problem with returning and going deeper after that. If we rush we get be there and back in 5 days by my guess.

Secondly the matter of lives lost
"If we leave now then it is our duty to return as soon as we can because
every life lost between now and then will forever hang heavy about my
neck."
Sadly I don't think this is a matter for us to worry about, the first attack on Bluescar was over a month ago and we didn't hurry here then, we went and did our other job taking the time needed to explore, find and kill the WingClipper first. We can not take any responiblity for any lives lost, if this matter was so important then the Army of Bretland would have been sent here. I agree we should return but please Katerina don't carry any sadness for what you/we could not have changed.

If there is a way for us to resupply and get word to Gullsnest or Sharn about what we have learnt quicker then I'm happy to try that.

[ooc- if Dave you want to skip over the journry back to Gullsnest and then back here again I think that would be fine, if everyone agrees]
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitimeThu 08 Apr 2010, 23:11

To answer several of the points - the tracks have to go SOMEWHERE, somewhere that seems otherwise inaccessible. But I also sort of agree with Ajax and Katerina, the mission is not accomplished. And that's been preying on my mind.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet
Classes: Scout 1/Barbarian 1/ Ranger 3/ War Shaper 4/ Were Touched Master 5/Primeval 4/Shifter Paragon 1

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 03:57

While I get what Katerina say's I will pint out we have no idea if the missing gem is even down this pit. We could spend weeks exploring it and find nothing. Similiairly now the village is more-or-less safe, if we report that the Houses can send in a replacement gem and get the lighthouse working again
Back to top Go down
Openstheway
Adept

Character sheet

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 04:04

Yes by reporting in, we can see if there is need to continue to explore and be resupllied with potions ect. should the House wish as to continue to go on futher.
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 08:46

Maybe re-nogitiate our price a bit
Back to top Go down
Madaxe McBrutal
Adept
Madaxe McBrutal

Character sheet

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 08:58

Do what?
Back to top Go down
Ajax the astounding
Journeyman
Ajax the astounding

Character sheet

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 09:05

re-negotiut ? re-negent ? re-...........Ask for more money !
Back to top Go down
Katerina
Deity
Katerina

Character sheet

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 22:12

Openstheway wrote:
Sadly I don't think this is a matter for us to worry about, the first attack on Bluescar was over a month ago and we didn't hurry here then, we went and did our other job taking the time needed to explore, find and kill the WingClipper first. We can not take any responiblity for any lives lost, if this matter was so important then the Army of Bretland would have been sent here. I agree we should return but please Katerina don't carry any sadness for what you/we could not have changed.

It is true that we can not change what has passed, but we are here now and we can change the future.
I can not help all those who suffered in the Last War, but if i was there today then i would at least try, otherwise i would lose what it is that makes me who I am. If I didn't care about helping those in need then I would not be travelling with you.
We are here, in a place where we can change the fates of the unfortunate. The fishermen, cabin-boys, labourers and all the other innocent sea-farers have families that will be left behind, we can prevent the pain of loss and the financial burdens implied as a result of the deaths of their loved ones. We can prevent fatherless children from going hungry, we can prevent lonely wives from wondering if their husband will ever return or if he suffered as he passed, we can not stand by and let his happen.

It is the sadness that I carry that pushes me to further deeds...
Back to top Go down
Openstheway
Adept

Character sheet

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 22:30

That was very heart-felt, I too would not wish for anyone to come from futher harm. But I am still not sure as Ajax pointed out that we can find the gem and restore the light, informing the House of what we have learnt may mean that they send a new crystal or aid in some other form. If everyone wants to move on then I will stand with the group. I will willingly defend and protect you all.
Back to top Go down
Katerina
Deity
Katerina

Character sheet

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 22:46

Likewise, if people wish to leave this place then i will follow. I understand all of the concerns presented and repsect everyones opinions. All I ask is that you consider what I have said.
There is nothing I can do here alone.
Back to top Go down
Openstheway
Adept

Character sheet

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitimeFri 09 Apr 2010, 23:28

I believe the point of this discussion is for just that, to consider all points of view and to try to take the best course of action.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Staying on track Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying on track   Staying on track I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Staying on track
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Point of Infinity :: In-Character :: Plot-
Jump to: